Monday 3 December 2012

Purpose of this blog

Hi, everyone! I have just created this blog in light of my growing interest in e-media and my long-standing desire to write. I also thought blogging would be a good platform for me to jump-start a possible career in writing.

The purpose of this blog is to allow me, the yappy yuppie puppy, to express opinions on international events and my everyday happenings, which I may use to relate to other things in my life. For example, I may have an opinion about a certain news headline or a TV programme I had just watched. I wanted to use a media that was accessible, free and allowed me to update it whenever possible - and whenever I wanted. So a blog seemed like the right choice.

I'm guessing some of you might be wondering what the blog title means. Well, it's significant to who I am and my current stage of personal development. 'Yappy' means that I like to talk - about a lot of things - which I translate into writing; 'yuppie' is a word to describe a young and ambitious person who lives in the city and is a professional; though, I'm not a professional yet so the word 'puppy' describes me figuratively as a young adult who has  aspirations and hopes to become a professional in my chosen field. Also, because I thought it sounds catchy. My Dad helped me come up with the title. Thanks, Dad!

I hope my blog turns out to be - and remains - as interesting as I intended it to be. So keep coming back for more, everyone!

Cheers
zhusun

No comments:

Post a Comment